Wednesday, February 8, 2012

  Hello blog world, this is an entirely new experience for me. I have been intrigued by the idea of writing a blog for quite sometime, but couldn't settle on a reason why I should write or even what I would write about. Who would want to read about my insane life anyways? I finally decided that I don't need a "why" or a "what". I just wanted to write. So, here I am, don't judge too harshly.
  I am many things in this world: Christian, Teacher, Friend, Wife, and most importantly Mommy. I am so blessed to have what I have. What I have is a loving husband and two beautiful beaming little girls, two silly dogs and tons of extended family, this makes me a lucky lady. I have good days and bad days and all days in between. I turned 30 this year and it has me questioning more than just what great shoe's I am going to wear.
  As far as the title of my Blog. I prefer definition 2 from Dictionary.com 

dab·ble

 [dab-uhl]  Show IPA verb, -bled, -bling.
2. to work at anything in an irregular or superficial manner: todabble in literature.


I love many things as stated before. I love the focus on irregular because well, lets' face it, I am a mom, and mom's are busy! Between work, housework, church, kiddos, and actually spending more than 5 min with my husband it's hard to find time to do things that make me, me! Hopefully through this blog I can dabble a little more and rediscover what I want my life to truly reflect, God and all things Mommy :)


A few of my dabbles:


Reading- when I have time, usually vacations and late nights... (my chick-a-dee's have to be in bed!)
Scrapbooking- I usually have to have my mom around and some significant others to get these creative juices flowing, however when they do start it's hard to shut off.
Fashion- to a certain degree, I am not going to buy a vogue every week, but HELLO, I do want to look HOT when I hit the door.
Cooking- I love to test all things Pinterest- I am seriously IN LOVE with this site. I will link some of my favorites so far. There are also no words for how this working momma feels about her crock-pot, COULD NOT survive without it!
Teaching- This is my job, and I love it! 5th graders and adults, so awesome! I love to create, share and steel all teachable moments.
Knitting- but in order to get better at this one has to practice more than spring semester with said 5th graders!


  I am sure there are many more dabbles I will eventually add, but I can now take a deep breath and say I did it... Hopefully this will become more than just a dabble! I can't wait to share more about my beautiful family and what is ever evolving...me!

1 comment:

  1. yay! excited for a new blog!!! you will enjoy it!!! its a great way to document everything!!! looking forward to reading!

    ReplyDelete